- For Canon EF Mount Cameras
- Works with Both SLRs and DSLRs
- Very Fast f/2.0 Maximum Aperture
- Superior Optical Construction
- 6.7″ (0.17m) Close Focusing Distance
- 67mm Filter Size
- Manual Focusing
Zeiss 25mm f/2.0 EF
The wide angle Distagon T* 25mm f/2.0 ZE Lens for Canon EF Mount is the most advanced version of the legendary Distagon, a high-performance manual focusing lens with close focus capabilities, first introduced in 1961. The Distagon T* 25mm f/2.0 ZE is a recalculation of this design, with an exceptionally fast f/2.0 maximum aperture, for use with modern SLRs and DSLRs using either full-frame or smaller sensors.
This manually focusable ZE lens features electronic shutter control and additional electronic contacts to the camera. All existing exposure programs (P, AV, TV, M) and the AF confirmation function of the camera are supported; lens information (focal length and speed) is passed on to the camera. Certain functions that require the use of AF lenses (various scene modes, A-DEP) are partially unavailable.
Increasing the versatility of this 25mm f/2.0 lens is its close focusing distance of only 9.8″, providing a wider perspective than usual. Combined with a digital SLR with a 1.5x crop factor, the lens has an effective focal length of 38mm and becomes a moderate wide angle lens.
This precision lens delivers breathtaking images. It is ideally suited for nature and landscapes, but you can get amazing perspectives on almost any subject from portraits to products…all you need is your creativity.
- Exceptionally fast f2.0 maximum aperture provides superb low-light capabilities
- Chromatic aberrations on this lens have been virtually eliminated, thanks to a special optical construction and selection of optical glass.
- Two aspheric lens surfaces correct distortion and image field curvature, and the floating elements design creates high imaging performance, regardless of the distance of the subject.
- The almost circular design of the aperture produces an exceptional “bokeh”, beautifully reproducing the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- This lens features a precise focusing mechanism with a large rotation angle. Operating it manually means controlling the picture with your fingertips.
- Zeiss lenses are famous for the exceptional quality of the pictures they provide. They boast optimum control of glare and stray light to ensure brilliant images. No matter how demanding the subject, perspectives, colors, and lighting situations are reproduced perfectly – over the entire full-frame image field.