The Chrosziel 450-R20 Mattebox with 15mm Center Bracket is a professional 16:9/4:3 mattebox designed for camcorders with focal lengths as wide as 18.5mm. The unit comes equipped with two rotating filterstages, capable of holding 4×4 and 4×5.65 square filters and a french flag. With its outstanding strength and durability, Chrosziel provides exceptional quality which operators have come to trust. This model comes equipped with a 15mm bracket designed to attach to 15mm mini rod support systems.
- Wide Coverage
- The basic unit features a 16:9/4:3 wide angle housing for compatibility with prime lenses as wide as 18.5mm (35mm Academy) without vignetting.
- The unit comes with a filterstage for two independently rotating filter holders, 4×5.65/4×4 and 4×4. The smart design provides ample room for the easy manipulation of filters such as vertical grads to any desired position.
- Mounting Options
- For a secure mount, the mattebox comes with a center bracket for use with 15mm lightweight support rods. A one-sided quick-lock mechanism anchors the mattebox system to the 15mm lightweight support with a simple twist of a knob.
- Manipulation of Light
- The standard articulating french flag protects against flair and loss of contrast. The french flag can be teamed with optional side wings for precise manipulation of light.
- Faster Lens Changes
- Chrosziel makes faster lens changes possible with the use of the optional Chrosziel swing-away bracket. The swing-away bracket replaces the existing 15mm lightweight support bracket and attaches to the back of the mattebox housing. Once installed, it can be used to smoothly and quickly move the mattebox away from the camera lens. This is an invaluable feature on shoots requiring multiple lens changes.