- Very Fast f/1.4 Lens for Low Light
- Wide Angle Lens
- Exceptional Color Control
- EF Lens Mount (ZE)
Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 EF
The Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZE Planar T* lens is a short, high speed telephoto lens built for the exacting SLR photographer. It provides an unusually bright and clear image in the finder. Even at full aperture, it delivers top image quality. Its angle of view and exceptional performance make the Planar T* 1.4/85 ZF the lens of choice for portraiture on location or in the studio.
Now offered as a “ZE” type lens, which makes it compatible with any camera that uses the Canon EF bayonet lens mount. All existing exposure programs (P, AV, TV, M) and the AF verification function of the camera are supported, and lens information (focal length and speed) is passed on to the camera. Certain functions that require the use of AF lenses (various subject programs, A-DEP) are partially unavailable.
- The lens’ shallow depth of field at wide apertures allows the use of selective focus. This helps to emphasize the primary subject by defocusing the background.
- The 9-blade, circular aperture produces a smooth and natural rendition of defocused images, as well as nearly circular shapes of point sources of light.
- Geometrical distortion is imperceptibly low, allowing high quality documentation photographs, both analog and digital.