The Panasonic BT-LH2600W is a 26″ true 16:9 widescreen HD monitor designed for broadcast and studio applications. It utilizes advanced processing technology to reproduce images with color and contrast qualities once found only in CRT monitors. This model is capable of displaying all the HDTV formats and frame rates as well as being NTSC and PAL systems compatible. Panasonic has added features such as Pixel-to-Pixel technology and embedded audio tools for increased functionality.
Panasonic 26″ LCD
- Pixel to Pixel
- Panasonic’s Pixel to Pixel mode allows the user to see their video in its native resolution. When in 1080, the user can toggle the camera to different areas of the image by anchoring it to one of the four corners or simply keeping it in center. This allows viewing of raw video without the inherent problems caused by resizing the image for the monitor. When in 720, the monitor displays the image entirely in the center of the screen.
- Audio Levels HUD
- The BT-LH2600W is capable of displaying audio information over the image for increased efficiency when monitoring footage, decreasing neck and eye strain. The audio meters overlay and appear semi-transparent.
- Broadcast Quality
- The BT-LH2600W is suitable for broadcast and professional applications. The monitor compensates for RGB accuracy in 256 discrete steps. The rated gamma properties (g = 2.2) are reproduced and the gradation suitable for broadcasting is achieved. Color temperature is selectable from 3 preset values, 9300K, 6500K and 5600K as well as custom settings ranging from 3000K to 9300K.
- Diagonal Line Compensation
- A special circuit compensates for noise caused from diagonal lines when the LCD displays non-native resolutions. This processing reduces the occurrences of jagged noise in the diagonal direction, not just vertically in the field, by detecting correlations and making optimal interpolations. This process creates a more accurate image which can be very helpful during live broadcasts.
- Color Space Conversion
- The BT-LH2600W uses a technology to produce the same EBU-based colors as CRT monitors. Colors on CRTs appear different from those in LCD monitors due to slight differences in the monitor’s chromatic range. Color-Space Conversion compensates for these differences.
- Waveform Monitoring
- Here’s a custom feature: The BT-LH1700W will display the input signal as a waveform image. The waveform monitor screen can be picture-in-picture on top the video image and the overlay picture can be placed in any of the screen’s four corners.
- Split Screen
- A frame of video can easily be frozen and displayed as a still image on the left side of the screen. This function can be utilized to match a live camera with a frame of video shot at an earlier time or with a different camera. There are two display modes: FULL for displaying and comparing the entire image on the screen, and PART for displaying and comparing only the center part of the images. The monitor also has to the ability to create four perfectly sized 13″ windows when in quad-split mode.